Some work, some dirt, lots of interesting things to learn about our local food, and a good bit of fun thrown into the mix as well.
That’s how we see being a volunteer in the Foodlink project.
But don’t let us sway you.
When the programme really gets going just check our Twitter feeds and see what we are up to.
During the next two years we expect to:
• Visit farms
• Organise cookery demonstrations
• Show you how to grow things to eat
• Hold tasting sessions for local producers
• Visit Agricultural Shows across the region
• Visit Food Trails
• Hold fruit & Veg Pick-Ins
And there might be an on-line quiz or two just to get you gently started and tickle the taste buds!
Just check back in the New Year before the growing season starts so you don’t miss anything, or get left behind.